What’s a deposit bonus?
The deposit bonus is a very common type of casino bonus. It is a bonus that you must make a deposit to make.
Welcome deposit bonus
Almost all online casinos will give you a bonus when you make your very first deposit into your casino account. The first deposit bonus is typically a matched bonus, e.g. 100% bonus or 200% bonus on your first deposit.
In some casinos, the welcome package includes more than one deposit bonus, e.g. deposit bonus on your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd deposit.
Re-fill deposit bonus
Many casinos will send you a deposit bonus offer if your casino account balance starts getting close to zero. By offering you a deposit bonus, they want to entice you to put new money into your account.
There are also online casinos who regularly hand out re-fill deposit bonuses to their members regardless of how much money there is in the account.
What’s a no deposit casino bonus?
A no deposit casino bonus is a bonus that doesn’t require a deposit.
The welcome no deposit casino bonus has become very common in recent years. All you have to do is sign-up with the casino and you will get a small welcome bonus, without having to make any deposit first.
A no deposit casino bonus is usually quite small, e.g. €10 or €15.
What’s a free casino bonus?
In some online casinos, the no deposit casino bonus is called free casino bonus.
What’s a welcome casino bonus?
A welcome bonus is a bonus for new members in a casino. Both deposit bonuses and no deposit bonuses can be welcome bonuses. Nowadays, many online casinos offer both a no deposit bonus AND one or more deposit bonuses as a part of their welcome package for new members.
What’s a wager requirement?
Online casinos do not want you to accept a bonus and immediately withdraw your money from your account. Because of this, casino bonuses almost always come with a wager requirement.
Example: Get a 100% deposit bonus up to €300. The wager requirement is 30x the bonus amount.
Let’s assume you accept this offer and make a €200 deposit. You get a €200 bonus and have €400 to play with. To fulfill the wagering requirement, you must wager 30 x €200 = €6,000.
Before you accept any bonus in an online casino, it is important to know:
- How large is the wagering requirement?
- How is the wagering requirement calculated? For some bonus offers, it is x-times the bonus amount. For others, it is x-times the bonus + x-times the deposited amount. This can make a huge difference.
- Will your casino account be completely frozen until you fulfill the wagering requirement, or will you be able to withdraw a certain amount (e.g. money that was in the account before you accepted the bonus).
- How much time do you have to fulfill the wagering requirement? What happens if you fail? Some casinos have super-short time-frames, such 60 minutes or 24 hours, but several weeks is much more common.
- What are your options if you need to make a withdrawal from a frozen account? In some casinos, the support team can take away the bonus amount from the account and un-freeze it if you ask them.
What’s a play-through requirement?
In most casinos, the term play-through requirement is a synonym for wager requirement.